Friday, January 20, 2017

Ok God...


"But God...I was comfortable. Why on earth would you ask me to do something differently? I'm terrified! This is ridiculous! What if this doesn't work out? I prayed to seek wisdom and guidance but this isn't what I meant. Are you kidding me? This is the scariest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life."

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged. I will be with you wherever you go.

"Ok...but...you must not understand. What if I disappoint someone along the way? What if I mess it up? Why on earth would you ask me to do this?"

I am the great I am and I will be with you.

"Ok God ok. How am I going to do this though? I barely made it through today without having an emotional breakdown. You can't honestly think that I'm going to be able to do the same thing tomorrow or the next day or the day after that? I'm not going to be able to do this! You know that right?"

Do not worry about tomorrow, Melissa. Tomorrow has enough to worry about on it's own. Do not fear. I have called you by name and you are mine. I have equipped you with exactly what you need.

"I know that God, I believe you...but what if people don't understand? What if they're upset. What if they stop talking to me and I lose those relationships? What if I fail miserably and I am a disappointment? 

I am the stronghold of your life. Who else will you fear? In my presence you will find the fulness of joy. What else do you need? Are you seeking the approval of others or of me? If you're still looking to please other people you can't fully serve me...you can't serve two masters.

"It is no longer I, but Christ who lives in me...ok God. I know. But I just do not want to do what I feel like you are leading me to do. This is painful. I don't know how to do this. I can't do this on my own. If I do this I may not have anybody. Do you understand what that would mean? I could wind up even lonelier than I already feel. Surely that's not what you want?"

Melissa. You have me on your side, and if I am for you then who could be against you? I will not give you a spirit of timidity but one of boldness and love. There is no fear in love because my perfect love casts out fear. Be strong and courageous because I will be with you wherever you go; I will not leave you or forsake you. I will strengthen you and uphold you with my righteous right hand. Stand firm in faith and allow me to help you.

"There's no way around this, is there Lord? I may want it my way, but that's just not your will, is it? I really do just have to take a leap of faith here...don't I?"

Melissa, I know the plans that I have made for you. I promise they are plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Continue to ask me for wisdom and I will give it to you freely. Trust not on your own understanding but in all that you do lean on me and trust that I will make your paths straight for you.

"Your kingdom come....your will be done...in all circumstances. Not just the easy ones."

Yes.

"...I have a peace about it...but it's still hard. This isn't what I wanted."

I know. I know all of your thoughts and what you feel before you even think them. I knew this wasn't going to be easy for you, but I never promised that this life would be easy. Did I?

"Nope."

Regardless of how you feel my love is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. You are my child and I need you to trust that I have a plan to make all things come together and work out to show my glory. 

"Ok...I can do that. But it's not going to be easy for me. I'm going to need help remembering that you've got this. All of this. I'm going to try really hard not to grasp onto anything and let you take control of this one....but I'm also probably going to mess up."

Persevere. Don't give up. Keep trusting. Keep talking to me. Wake up each morning and embrace the new mercy that I have bestowed upon you. Draw near to me and I will draw near to you.

"Ok God...b-but what it I don-"

Do not conform to this world. Be transformed by renewing your mind and focusing on me. Then you will be more adept to see my pleasing and perfect will. Be still my child, and know that I am God.

"Ok God."



Though the music changes, and the songs we sing, we still lift our praises to our loving God and King. Though the seasons change, your love remains. 
Lord you've been faithful to plant the seeds and you will be faithful to send your rain. Though the seasons change, your love remains.
When we were far apart you came running with open arms.Though the seasons change, your love remains. 

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven;
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up what has been planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
-Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment