Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Do Nothing Day

Well, this morning I overslept and didn't get to campus until 9:30. I definitely missed my history class that started at 9:05. So what's a girl to do? I grabbed a chicken biscuit and a coffee and came out to sit by the fountain.
I started thinking about my Thanksgiving weekend. My favorite parts of thanksgiving are family coming over, everyone sitting around watching football and parades, black friday shopping, and eating leftovers. All of which were done this year, so I would say it was pretty successful :) it was a great weekend!!!
I had a really hard time yesterday though. I love the holidays and this time of year, but being so busy all the time wears me out!  So yesterday I went to church, grabbed lunch with some friends, and I went home and watched old movies until I went to sleep last night. It was a classic lazy afternoon and I desperately needed it. I curled under warm blankets in my pajamas, drank hot chocolate and watched Its a Wonderful Life (for the first time ever) How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Mars Attacks (which I didn't finish because it was stupid.) It was a do nothing day and I loved it!
So often during this time of year we go go and go as fast as we possibly can and forget to sit down and relax. So, take a deep breath and enjoy a do nothing day very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment