Saturday, January 3, 2015

A BRIEF Recap of 2014

The Christmas season is upon us! The first semester of my sophomore year is behind me and I am currently keeping busy with church choir, work, christmas parties, weddings, baby showers, and many other exciting events. It's a busy season of life, but I'm really enjoying it and can't imagine it any other way. Here's a quick glimpse at some things I did this semester...

Reformed University Fellowship (RUF) is a group that meets at school on Thursday nights for worship, fellowship, and bible study. I would definitely say it has kept me sane this semester. I looked forward to going every Thursday night, and got involved in a small group that met on Monday afternoons that I absolutely loved. It has been a HUGE blessing and I am so so thankful for everyone I've met so far in RUF.

The Christ Church College and Career Class (C4) has been keeping busy. I'm thankful for my church family and all the friends I've made over the years at Christ Church, and the college class is definitely no exception. From our Wednesday night bible studies to our murder mysteries at halloween; I'm thankful for all the memories we've made so far and look forward to all the memories we will get to create in the future.

I've gotten really involved in the church choir this year and I LOVE it! It's really been an outlet for me and one of the most relaxing parts of my week. For the most part, I can now sing in front of the congregation without wanting to run off the stage, pass out, or throw up so I would say that I've definitely grown in some ways. ;-) The men and women in the choir are so supportive and are always there when I need a laugh, prayer, or anything really. It's been a big blessing as well.

Work has been wonderful! I am so thankful to have a job that I absolutely adore. It's been a huge blessing to share the love of Christ with so many children in our community, and there isn't anything I love more. I have great coworkers and supervisors, I have great kids, and I would say that I have awesome opportunities to do all sorts of things! I love it! We're already making plans for summer camp and I couldn't be more excited! "It's a beautiful thing when a passion and a career come together..." I have no doubt that I'm supposed to be an education major. :)

I finished the semester with 4 Bs, a C and an A. Not my best, but I'm really proud of how I did this semester. It was a rough round with the classes I took: 2 science classes, a philosophy class, a class every Saturday morning, and then balancing those with my 'easy' classes wasn't exciting at all.  I have all but 2 of my General Eds done and I plan to test out of one of them and take the other one in the summer. That means I can FINALLY start taking classes directly pertaining to my major and I couldn't be happier!!!  I'm so so so SO excited! I'm at the point where I'm realizing I can finally feel like I'm working towards something instead of sitting in classrooms and lecture halls where I feel like I'm wasting my time learning about things I have no interest in.

That's it I suppose. :) 2014 was nice, and I feel like I was just saying that about 2013. I have high hopes and expectations for 2015, and I am anticipating many new adventures in the very near future. <3


Isaiah 33:2


No comments:

Post a Comment