Monday, January 13, 2014

Not where I belong

Sometimes it feels like I'm watching from the outside
Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing but am I alive?
I won't keep searching for answers I'm not here to find
All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me jesus
This is not where I belong.

I love this song by building 429. Its been running through my head all morning just serving as a little reminder...

I was on hold with the Memphis financial aid office for about an hour today because I thought my semester was paid for only to find out last night I owed about 2600 dollars by Wednesday. I tried to log into MyMemphis portal where ALL of my school information is, only to find out that the portal has been down for 2-3 days and is not available to students right now.
Needless to say that I was a little stressed out! And as I'm trying not to curse under my breath and scream or cry (because this stuff is quite important and dealing with it is beyond frustrating)  this song starts running through my head. And slowly I realized that while this is important,  I shouldn't worry or get angry about it. Its aggravating, but it isn't worth getting upset over.

My goal for 2014 is to not become so wrapped up in worldly emotions. I want better control on how I respond to situations like this or how I speak to friends in various situations.  Because, while it feels like every decision we make is life or death, it really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. This isn't where I will be for eternity.  I should be basing my decisions and actions on how they will glorify God.

No comments:

Post a Comment