Monday, January 8, 2018

Disney 2017

My name is Melissa Jennings, and I am a Disney addict. I am, I have been, and I will always be a fan of mouse ears, dole whips, and Cinderella's Castle. 


I mean, can we talk about this 90s style graphic turtleneck sweater??


The 101 Dalmations Pool and my Tigger bathing suit



Minnie Mouse chair


Winnie the Pooh Christmas decor. (Side Note/True Story: When Michael was a toddler he unplugged this very Winnie the Pooh from the wall, stuck the prongs of the cord in his mouth, and shot himself across our living room floor & turned his tongue black.)


Meeting Mickey Mouse.





Sheer Joy.


Our Disney collection has grown over the years. This is a current shelf in our living room.


This is a current shelf in my bedroom. Peter Pan is my absolute absolute favorite of all time, and somehow the collection has expanded over the years.


And this is a picture of my mother and I with The Seven Dwarves at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party over Christmas break. It was 38 degrees in Orlando Florida, there were screaming children hyped up on sugar everywhere, and we found ourselves stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on more than one occasion throughout the week, but this was one of my all-time favorite vacations.


My mom is my best friend. Hands down, no shame, no embarrassment, no reservation. She gets me better than I get me. She's hilarious. She's selfless. She's everything I strive to be and a million times more.


We had character meals, ate in Cinderella's castle, ate in the Beast's castle, had multiple meals with Mickey and friends. I was living the dream of my six-year-old self.



We did the nerdy matching T-shirt thing and loved every second of it. My mom even bought mouse ears for herself, which she has never done before.



Here are some pictures from Animal Kingdom:

















This is from Mt. Everest! The many faces of Melissa on rides became a game. I couldn't help it. My mom looks like a giddy little girl in every single picture, and I look like I'm about to poop my pants.



Even the dinosaur ride.

Here are some from Epcot! I'll post more about Mouse later, but just so you understand I took a Mouse puppet with us to Epcot and had him take pictures with people from the countries. I'm going to make a book for my classroom and call it "When You Take a Mouse to Disney!"



Mouse met Alice from Alice in Wonderland.



And Mouse, of course, had to meet Mickey Mouse!



This was taken outside of La Hacienda in the Mexican pavilion. I've decided this is the most under-rated Disney dining experience of all time. It was SO yummy, there was SO much food, and the views from the restaurant were stunning. My mom and I are still talking about this meal. For real.












My one normal face was the Frozen ride. Thank goodness. I can smile on the kiddie rides.

These are from the Magic Kingdom:



We got stuck on Buzz Lightyear, and they still let us shoot all of the targets. We racked up some serious points, and I still beat her for the record.



"Do something funny"



"Were you trying to be funny here too?" "No, I think I had to sneeze..."



At least I'm smiling here.

These are from Hollywood Studios:



My mom hugging Chewbacca might be one of my favorite parts of the trip.







Rockin' Roller Coaster.


There are lots of other pictures! I'll leave you with these for now. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment