Friday, December 13, 2013

A Beautiful Thing

Blogging Challenge Day 2: Favorite Quote.

Career and Passions

I have an overwhelming passion for being around people. I love listening to people, talking to people, learning from people, teaching people, laughing with people, and creating memories with the people around me. I want to make a difference in the world. My philosophy is that if I can make even one person smile every single day, the world might be a better place. Life is better when we do it with others. I want to learn as much as I possibly can, and share as much as I know with people all over the earth. If I could do anything, and money were no option, I would travel for years visiting little bistros in Paris, libraries in London, museums in Greece, tribes in Africa, rain forests in South America, and little nooks and crannys all over the world. I wouldn't want to do the tourist-y stuff. I want to experience every part of other cultures, talk to strangers about their lives for hours on end, and learn as much as I can. I guess it's safe to say I have a passion for education too. I love children! They have this beautiful, wide-eyed, wondrous view of life that adds sparkle to their eyes and a warmth to my heart. I learn more from kids than I do anyone else. They remind me to love unconditionally, to trust, to smile and laugh, to play, to be vulnerable, and to be amazed by what's around me. I want to make a difference in someone else's life, so I know that one day soon I will be a teacher. It feels like a lifelong dream in a way. I can't picture myself doing anything else, and it's a beautiful things when a career and a passion come together.

inspire hope, ignite the imagination, instill a love of learning

No comments:

Post a Comment