Friday, December 13, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

Blogging Challenge Day 3: Favorite City
'Walking in Memphis.....I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale" :-)

Usually when you ask someone what their favorite city is, you get something like NYC or Chicago. You might get Denver or Orlando, or even San Francisco. Every once in a while, you find someone like me who loves where they are.
I love to travel! I love driving with the windows rolled down and the radio turned up, and laughing and talking with friends to pass the hours in the car. Gas station bathroom stops in the middle of nowhere with the family can provide adventures and excitement! Lunch stops are classics like McDonald's or Wendy's. But if I could live anywhere in the world, I don't know if I would move.
You see, home is where your loved ones are. I mentioned in my previous post that  people are my passion. The people I love are my life. I don't think I could ever leave my friends and family here in my hometown. I also feel like there's a lot for me in Memphis. It's a diverse city with opportunities galore! I love my University, my job outlook after I graduate, my church, my current job as a substitute after school care teacher, and what I've done here. Sure, i could go live somewhere else for just a little while...maybe someplace sunny like Destin or Hawaii. But I will always come back home to Memphis.


No comments:

Post a Comment